Mon, Aug 10|
Teaching Statistics Online: August 10-11
Are you freaking out about the prospect of teaching statistics remotely this fall? In this two-day online workshop, Stats Medic will help you prepare for teaching statistics in a distance learning setting!
Time & Location
Aug 10, 2020, 12:00 PM EDT – Aug 11, 2020, 3:00 PM EDT
About The Event
Live Instruction: Each day from 12:00 to 3:00 pm EST
• Explore how to implement the “Experience First, Formalize Later” teaching model using ONLINE synchronous instruction.
• Engage with multiple online resources that will help students develop conceptual understanding and make connections, even from home.
• Collaborate with other statistics teachers from around the county.
Independent Learning: Available online
• Lesson videos modeling using the “Experience First, Formalize Later” teaching model with asynchronous instuction.
• Practice problems using online forms of assessment.